Royal Oak and Birmingham, MI
Do you have a missing tooth or perhaps several? Are you embarrassed about your smile? Or maybe you are concerned that some of your teeth are getting worn down because of overuse.
There are several options if you have missing teeth. One excellent solution are dental bridges.
What are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges actually are a tooth bridge that is put over the gap in your smile. The tooth bridge is connected to a dental crown on each side of the gap. Teeth on either side of the gap are crowned, and the gap filled with an artificial tooth which is anchored to each crown. This is known as the ‘tooth bridge’ and effectively replaces the lost tooth, restoring proper bite and function, while also protecting the underlying gum.
What are the advantages of Dental Bridges?
- An obvious advantage of a tooth bridge is the gap in your smile is removed.
- Dental bridges are custom made and look just like your natural tooth. Feel free to laugh and smile and get your photo taken. Dental bridges are color-matched to your natural tooth and are sized and shaped to look completely natural in your smile.
- A tooth bridge, flanked by a dental crown on each side, is very sturdy and durable.
- Dental bridges give all your teeth their proper, natural pressure and usage again because there are no more missing teeth in your smile.
- If you have more than two teeth missing side by side, you can have dental implants placed on each side and have a dental bridge placed between them. Being secured to dental implants gives the tooth bridge lots of stability.
- Dental bridges are secure, so you may be able to eat the foods you enjoy.
- Dental bridges require no special care. Just brush and floss as usual and see your dentist regularly.
If you are missing teeth and are looking for an attractive, economical, comfortable solution, consider getting dental bridges. Dr. Hartrick and her fabulous dental team can partner with you to find the best treatment plan for you. Call today!