Royal Oak and Birmingham, MI
Do you have a gap in your smile or teeth that have some problems? Maybe your tooth is misshapen, too small, has a large cavity or a lot of dental work that has made it more susceptible to getting a cavity. Or perhaps your tooth is cracked, chipped or broken. You may have a toothache and not sure what to do.
At Hartrick Dentistry, Dr. Hartrick is happy to help you with all your dental needs, and we recommend dental crowns for many of those dental issues.
What are Dental Crowns?
A tooth crown is a crown for teeth made from porcelain to mimic the look and feel of a natural tooth. Though porcelain sounds fragile and like it would not stand up to the wear and tear of normal eating, porcelain dental crowns are very sturdy and durable. A tooth crown is a cap that is placed over your original tooth or as a restoration for dental implants.
Why are Dental Crowns an advantageous choice?
- Dental crowns are custom fit for your individual tooth. At Hartrick Dentistry, we use CEREC® technology so that we can fabricate your dental crown during your visit. No waiting weeks for your permanent crown to be made by a dental laboratory. Also, this technology allows us to take digital scans of your teeth, meaning you won’t have to suffer through getting those goopy impressions of days past.
- The dental crown is custom matched to your other teeth so you can laugh and smile and get your photo taken with confidence. The crown will look completely natural, and blend in with your smile.
- A tooth crown can be used to fix a myriad of dental issues, such as a broken, chipped, cracked, misshapen or discolored tooth or a tooth that has a large cavity where a filling is not enough to repair it.
- Dental crowns can be used to anchor a dental bridge or to complete a dental implant procedure.
- A cap for teeth can repair teeth that are damaged from aging or grinding of teeth or an improper bite pattern.
CEREC® One-Visit Crowns
For beautiful dental crowns that are ready while you wait, we offer CEREC® crowns. We get the required information and put it into the CEREC® computer system and sculpt a beautiful, custom made tooth crown right at our office. It is convenient, simple, quick, and looks amazing!
A tooth crown covers an entire tooth after it has been thoroughly cleaned and prepared. It provides strength, durability, and stability to the mouth. It is positioned as a cap for teeth and is constructed to mimic the natural composition and appearance of your teeth.
Dental crowns as a cap for teeth often are used in the aftermath of root canal procedures, as they act as an effective protection and stabilizing device.
Dental Crowns in Birmingham, Royal Oak
To improve your dental health as well as give you a fabulous smile, consider getting a dental crown. At Hartrick Dentistry, we can fabricate your dental crown in one day, all while you wait during your appointment! To learn more or to see if you would benefit from this procedure, just call Hartrick Dentistry today at (248) 549-0950 and schedule a consultation. We welcome patients of Royal Oak and Birmingham, Michigan.