Royal Oak and Birmingham, MI
One of the most effective options available in the treatment of damaged, discolored, or misshapen teeth comes in the form of dental veneers. Teeth that display a range of characteristics, such as chips, cracks, stains, breakage, gaps, or other irregularities can be both improved and rectified by the relatively simple application of dental veneers.
Dental veneers are a technique that involves the use of porcelain constructed in a way that is reminiscent of your natural teeth, both in color, look, and feel.
A veneer is composed of a very thin layer of material that is placed on the front of the teeth and serves to effectively enhance your smile for greatly improved cosmetic appeal. Patients often appreciate the benefits of veneers, mostly because they can achieve the most perfect smile in no time. No waiting years on getting results from braces. With veneers, you can have a new smile, almost instantly.
What exactly are veneers?
Porcelain dental veneers are composed of a thin layer of tooth-colored porcelain that is attached to the front of the tooth. Dental veneers are very complementary in terms of their natural tooth-like qualities, effectively mimicking the texture and translucency of your natural teeth. Porcelain dental veneers also resist staining, unlike other cosmetic dental bonding materials and are smooth. Therefore, they resist stains from cigarette smoking or richly colored foods. While porcelain veneers are designed to last for years, you should expect to get about 10 years out of them, so long as you take good care of your teeth by brushing and flossing daily, as well as visiting your Royal Oak dentist twice a year for checkups and cleanings.
What is the Dental Veneer process?
- In order to place a tooth veneer, a small amount of enamel is removed before an impression is taken. Usually, anesthetic is placed in the area being worked on so that you remain comfortable throughout your procedure.
- Then, we take impressions of your teeth, which later are used in the fabrication of your veneers.
- After this has been completed, a technician molds temporary veneers to cover your prepared teeth until your permanent ones are ready.
- At a later visit, about two weeks later, the temporaries are removed, and the permanent veneers are then cemented to each tooth.
- Final touches are made by ensuring a perfectly natural look.
- This tooth veneer process can involve a couple of separate dental appointments.
The porcelain dental veneers are translucent, similar to natural dental enamel. However, the porcelain can be chosen in a variety of shades, either to match your existing teeth (if you’re having only one or two teeth repaired), or a much whiter shade can be chosen to achieve an overall whiter appearance to your smile.
If you are looking for a way to take your smile from just okay to oh wow, ask us about dental veneers today!
Dental Veneers in Royal Oak, Birmingham
To learn more about veneers or to see if you are a candidate, just call Hartrick Dentistry at (248) 549-0950 to schedule a consultation to get started. We welcome patients from the Detroit areas of Birmingham and Royal Oak.