Royal Oak and Birmingham, MI
How would you like to improve the way your teeth look, but also how they function? Porcelain veneers can accomplish this double feat. The veneers used at Hartrick Dentistry represent the pinnacle of strength, flexibility, and aesthetics that currently is available in the world of cosmetic dentistry. In many cases, having porcelain veneers installed can resolve several cosmetic issues at the same time.
Here is some more information on porcelain veneers, and their potential benefits:
- A dream smile: Advances in cosmetic dentistry have made it more attainable than ever to have a beautiful smile worthy of Hollywood. This means having brilliant white teeth that are all perfectly straight and long is achievable. Improving your smile will make you more likely to want to show it off, thus boosting your self-confidence. Studies even show that people with a gorgeous smile are more likely to get promotions at work, and get more dates!
- Versatility: A porcelain veneer can resolve aesthetic concerns if your teeth are discolored, stained, chipped, misshapen, crooked or too small. Even a person who has multiple complaints with the look of their smile can have those aesthetic issues treated at the same time by receiving a veneer.
- How they work: A veneer is an ultra-thin layer of ceramic that is custom-crafted to fit on the front of your natural teeth, covering the visible surface. Each of the veneers used by your Royal Oak cosmetic dentist at Hartrick Dentistry is constructed of beautiful, high-quality dental porcelain. This porcelain has the same light-reflecting quality as natural tooth enamel. Plus, the porcelain can be color-matched and shaped to look like your other teeth if only receiving a one or two veneers on your front teeth. However, if you desire a complete smile makeover, costmetic dentist Dr. Nancy Hartrick can help you choose a much lighter shade to give your smile a permenantly white look.
- Durability: The word porcelain may conjure images of fragility, but the ceramic used to construct our high-quality dental porcelain represents the cutting edge of cosmetic dental technology. In addition to looking beautiful, this porcelain is powerful; it can withstand as much as 58,000 pounds of pressure per square inch.
- Choose wisely: Make sure to seek out a dentist with the knowledge and the aesthetics to perform a porcelain veneer installation. Many dentists may claim to offer porcelain veneers, but that does not mean they can perform the procedure at a high level. It takes a unique blend of technical expertise and artistry to install a beautiful, fully functioning porcelain veneer. Common mistakes include errors when preparing your teeth to receive the veneers, which can affect their durability; or installing them without paying due diligence to your bite, causing a misalignment that can damage both your veneers and your healthy teeth.
Veneers in Royal Oak
At Hartrick Dentistry, we make sure to tailor each porcelain veneer installation to the needs and goals of every individual patient. We never take a “by the numbers” approach to a veneer or any dental procedure for that matter, making sure that each veneer patient leaves with a unique and flawless-looking smile.
To learn more about porcelain veneers, or any of the other cosmetic techniques and treatments at our disposal at Hartrick Dentistry, call our office at (248) 549-0950 to schedule a consultation today.
Hartrick Dentistry is proud to serve the oral health needs of patients in the areas of Royal Oak and Birmingham, Michigan.